- No set schedule
- Any meeting will be online
- Paul Grems Duncan send email or call 703-509-5332
CI SIG Coming Events
- Monthly Meetings, on the third Thursday of each month, except August and December
- Online Webinar
- 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 21, 2021
- Vas Madhava, MISIG Member
- Part 1 - Market Update
- Part 2 - Using Technical Analysis on Dividend Stocks
- If time permits, Part 3 - A Brief Overview: Finding Low Risk Entries on IPOs
- November 18, 2021 ‐ Sheldon Ray, China expert, topic is TBA
- No Meeting in December
Part 2 - Using Technical Analysis on Dividend Stocks
Vas will show how to find top level dividend stocks (such as those in Dividend Aristocrats or Dividend Kings lists). Then look for "bottoms" or low risk entries on those stocks. This potentially gives you both the dividend and the appreciation in the stock and can boost the value of a dividend portfolio. This also keeps you from having to wait years to recoup the loss of a dividend's stock value by relying only on its dividends.
Part 3 - Finding Low Risk Entries on IPOs
Time permitting, Vas will provide a technique for buying IPOs at a low risk entry point. This often turns out to be the lowest price the stock will ever make. He personally looks at recent IPOs, especially big cap and mega cap IPOs.
Vas Madhava is well known to investors in the greater Washington DC area, Vas has been a favorite presenter to our group and to others for his insights using technical analysis and market timing applied to several aspects of the buying and selling of stocks. A long-time member of our investment group, Vas is also a board member of the Washington DC Metro Chapter of AAII and is one of the coordinators and the main speaker at the Northern Virginia IBD Meetup group.
To get the zoom link send an email to aaiidcmetro.com